Silvan

Default Chessman

Jim Wilson wrote:

though, just a little at the edges of the hole (and inside it, of
course). But as long as the thickness of the piece is reasonable, it
doesn't char through.

I haven't had anything come close to charring through, even with a really
too hot pour.

BTW, the lump of lead always shrinks a bit, and the wood does, too, owing
to the moisture lost from the heat. It's a good idea to drip in a thin
glue around the lead after it cools to fill the gap.

I avoid this problem by scooping out a few random spots inside the hole, so
the plug is too wide to come out the bottom. I've never needed it to last
very long for a Jummycar, so I've never really thought about how it might
get wiggly over time. I suppose if the thing started to rattle, I could
shoot some epoxy or even hot glue into the hole to keep that from
happening.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/