Posted to alt.home.repair
Edge[_2_] Edge[_2_] is offline

Default TSP & Diswashing powder

On Feb 20, 7:42*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Nelly wrote:

As well as water quality, dosage might depend on what brand you use.
Some products labeled "TSP" can be less than half that. Savogran's is
like 80%, might be ok except I don't know the safety the other stuff
in it. Here's one place to get the pure stuff:
http://www.cqconcepts.com/chem_tsp.php

Absolutely! I've got a spray bottle on my desk labeled "TSP - Ready To Use"
and, in fine print below: "Phosphate-free"!

With all this talk of phosphates from TSP being harmful to the
environment, how about phosphates from lawn fertilizers. Is this the
next thing to be banned? On the other hand, no environmentalist have
been raising hell over this. The amount of phosphates from lawn
fertilizers must have been overwhelmingly greater than that coming
from dishwasher detergent before the ban in 2010. In addition,
phosphates from dishwashers are sent to a treatment plant. Lawn
fertilizers eventually leaches into the streams and lakes directly.