Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Heat Pump Thermostat Problem

On Feb 21, 7:20*am, mcp6453 wrote:
On 2/20/2011 1:26 PM, wrote:

bought their product, if I wanted to change an install menu item, like
Here's the installation manual for the series. *Installer setup manual
access is addressed about half way in:http://www.hydro-temp.com/help/drawi...069-1894ES.pdf
HTH- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, but I had that install manual at the time. *My remark was just
*let others know how Honeywell operates. *It is all the more
remarkable
because as you point out, the install manual is available on the
internet
to anyone from various websites, but not from Honeywell.

I had to call them three or four times, but all but one person was willing to
speak with me about it. One guy was a jerk.

That;s probably the guy I got. Sounded like Lawrence Welk. Maybe it
was
his son. Wasn't he from Minnesota?

Maybe it helped that I told them
truthfully that at 8PM on Friday afternoon with my HVAC guy in bed with the flu,
I was out of options.

For what it's worth, Honeywell helped me understand a lot about the thermostat,
but much of the advice they gave me was wrong.

That's interesting. So, their position is they won't support it
unless you're a
"licensed contractor", but they themselves don't know how it works.

The last guy was great, but he
had me change 190 to a 1 without asking what brand of unit I had. The location
had to be a 0 for a Carrier. Nevertheless, the help they gave me enabled me to
get to a solution with a local HVAC guy, so I do appreciate the assistance.

The link above is the correct manual on the Honeywell site, if someone needs it.

Not to be nit picky, but the link above is NOT to Honeywell's site.
I could not find
the installation manual anywhere on Honeywell's site. . It's probably
there in some
hidden part, only accessible by authorized agents. If you google, it
comes up at
HVAC companies, etc, but not at Honeywell.