Posted to sci.electronics.repair
PeterD PeterD is offline

Default Cordless phone woes

On 2/21/2011 1:05 PM, Smitty Two wrote:

But just to humor you, I wiped a layer of dust off the 4" long
plastic-covered base antenna and rotated it to an upright position. I'm
sure it's completely unrelated, but my intermittent issues are currently
in remission. Can RF really not punch through a bit of dust?

To those who suggested battery issues, agree that I'm pushing lifespan
but they seem to be charging up fully and giving me good battery charge
life still. FWIW, they're Ni-MH.

Thank you.

Well, perhaps not the dust, but consider that there may have been some
oxidization on the 'swivel' part which got cleaned up when you swiveled
it. The end result may well have been a better connection, and more signal.

--
I'm never going to grow up.