Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Meat Plow[_5_] Meat Plow[_5_] is offline

Default Any Windoze experts on here ? Bit OT ...

On Sun, 20 Feb 2011 16:36:37 -0800, William Sommerwerck wrote:

No problems, but if you want reliability, I suggest Ubuntu or one of
the other Linux distributions. If you're running a fairly basic set of
applications (Web, email, word processor, spreadsheet, etc), then Linux
will be a suitable replacement.

That's the catch, of course. Operating systems other than Windows or
Macintosh don't have fancy software written for them.

What do you consider fancy? I use Cinelerra a non-linear video editing
suite that I consider as fancy and powerful as Adobie Premier, Sony Vegas,
or Final Cut.