Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser[_3_] Lobby Dosser[_3_] is offline

Default Doonesbury

"Upscale" wrote in message

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
I don't know if smoking is addictive to other people or not. But it does
not seem to be addictive to me.

I smoked a pack a day from 26-25 years of age. One day I said to myself
that I was tired of the bad taste in my mouth, the sore, dry throat and
the smelly nicotain stained fingures and just quit without any cravings at
all after that. Wasn't difficult at all and some people have told me that
if I quit that easily, then I wasn't addicted. Maybe I wasn't. The only
way I can explain my ease with quitting is that I experience a paradigm
shift in thinking and then it was easy after that. I suspect that even
partially, heavily addicted addicts on other drugs need to experience some
type of similar change in thinking before they have a chance of quitting
and staying quit.

In general, the required change is the admission that you are an Addict. I
drank heavily from 18 to 23 and from 42 to 43 and had no problems either
time. I can take a drink any time I want and have no problems refusing the
second. If I smoke ONE cigarette, I NEED a carton.

--
Ever wonder why doctors, dentists and lawyers have to Practice so much? Ever
wonder why you let them Practice on You?