Posted to alt.home.repair
dilbert firestorm dilbert firestorm is offline

Default rubber strip hole cutting tool

On 2/18/2011 10:31 PM, Red wrote:
On Feb 18, 10:27 pm, dilbert
wrote:
anyone know of a tool that would cut a round hole on a rubber strip?

Its for a truck car-flag bed rail project I'm working on.

--
---= -Dilbert Firestorm- =---
Zizzle that Fire - it's Zizzle Time !!!!!!!

How big a hole& how thick a rubber strip?

this is the 2 braces I'm testing. I've noticed that the hole sizes are
different between the 2 braces.

L-brace
http://www.s10planet.com/forum/attac...8&d=1292824309

Home Depot was out L-brace, so, I wasn't able to measure it other than
the one I had at home.

minimum hole appears to be 1/4" or 6mm, the counter sunk holes appear to
be smaller than 5/16" or approximately 7mm as its bigger than 6mm and
smaller than 8mm. the #10-24 x 1/2" machine screw flat head is a
little too big. not sure what flat head machine screw will fit in
there. I guess I could make the counter sink hole a bit bigger. I
understand that there are counter-sink bits for certain types of jobs.

T-brace
http://www.s10planet.com/forum/attac...9&d=1292824465

the minimum hole size fits a 1/4" or M7 machine screw , the counter sunk
hole is about 5/16", didn't check metric on that one.

M7 is actually the better fit as I could screw in the sample bolts.
Unforgettably, I couldn't find any M7 machine screw to compare with the
1/4" machine screw at Home Depot. 1/4" screw (I forget what type screw
it was) turned out to be a little too big, I tried #10-24 x 1/2" machine
screw, its flat head fit better.

sigh, I found a bad screw in a pack of 8 screw/nuts; its threads are
stripped. 7.5 out of 8 ain't too bad.
is it possible to debur this or just a waste of time.

Zizzle that Fire - it's Zizzle Time !!!!!!!