Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Any Windoze experts on here ? Bit OT ...

No problems, but if you want reliability, I suggest Ubuntu or one
of the other Linux distributions. If you're running a fairly basic set
of applications (Web, email, word processor, spreadsheet, etc),
then Linux will be a suitable replacement.

That's the catch, of course. Operating systems other than Windows or
Macintosh don't have fancy software written for them.

...if Microsoft ever produced a reliable product, I would be out of
business.

Perhaps, but I run W2K, Word, and other Windows software without problems. I
do agree, however, that Windows sometimes behaves Most Strangely, for no
obvious reason.