Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default computer terminology question

In article ,
"Bob La Londe" wrote:

"Steve B" wrote in message

We get this new modem FedEx, and I hook it up. I try to get Usenet. No
go. I go into accounts and try to get lucky by entering their company name
in place of previous company. No go.

Somebody probably already told you, but there are more and more ISPs that
don't offer Usenet access anymore. Try one of these if their internet
access is good, but they don't offer it.

Tera News - ($10 for life)
Eternal-September - (Free and pretty reliable)
AIOE - (Free, reads good, but posts sometimes fail)

I use all three. One of them always works. LOL. If you read binary groups
I think only TeraNews carries those, and there is a download limit. I hear
Supernews is good too, but they have a monthly fee.

I have GigaNews, it does have a fee (and download limit that varies with
the fee), and it does have all the binary groups.

Joe Gwinn