Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Screw size in metal doors

Most commercial hinges, especially 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 butt hinges use
12-24 hinge screws. These are not readily available. Stop at a
lock shop or other commercial hardware vendor. Make sure to use
#3 Philips to install - #2 will just cam out the screw slots.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
I needed to replace some screws in a metal door hinge where I
work They must have used some odd ball size. I tried a #6
metric and it almost fit but didn't. Went to a 1/4 inch in the
two number of threads and it was too big. The next size I could
find was a # 12 and it did not fit. The #5 metric was too small.
I found a new package of hinges with the screws and they fit
fine.

What are they using for the screw size in a metal door ?