Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default removing "paint scrape" from our car

In article ,
Ohioguy wrote:

Thanks folks, it sounds like I need to get some polish and get busy.

Hood ornament? Was this a 1970s car?

Hey, I just finally sold my 1996 Buick, and it had a hood ornament.
I found it very useful in judging exactly where the front of the vehicle
was, and I'm VERY annoyed that the new ones don't have it.

I was just watching a TV show about a guy who collects hood ornaments.
He's got some very rare and valuable ones. Anyway, they got into the
whole history of hood ornaments (originally designed to cover the
radiator cap.) If I heard correctly, they said they'd been discontinued
because they caused injuries to pedestrians when they were hit by cars.

I agree about not being able to see any of the corners (or center front)
of the car being annoying. No wonder people can't parallel park these
days.