Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Welcome To Big Time Politics

On 20 Feb 2011 12:38:22 GMT, Han wrote:

" wrote in
:

On 20 Feb 2011 00:02:45 GMT, Han wrote:

knuttle wrote in news:ijpld0$g1p$1
:

Up about 40% from two years ago.

So what? Reducing taxes

Exactly what taxes have been reduced?

and expending money to fight two wars

They have been going on *far* longer than two years.

doesn't put money into the piggybank.

Neither does spending 65% more than you make.

Yes, indeed, it does date from more than 2 years ago. Remember that at
one time (I believe it was the Clinton era) that there was a surplus?

Both wrong and irrelevant.

Tax cuts (to the rich especially) and a war in Iraq based on intended or
unintended deception plus a mismanaged war in Afganistan caused the
current deficit.

Both wrong and irrelevant.

This was of course compounded by mismanagement of
several branches of governmemt (Bureau of mining etc, and oversight of
banking are only 2 of them) caused the housing bubble.

The 4T spent in the last two years wasn't all the "housing bubble", rather a
"government bubble".

Now everyone wants to keep their benefits that they are "entitled" to,
and wants someone else to pay. I guess that is human nature, but what
about the common good?

How about everyone keeping their "entitlements" that they had in, say, 2006,
for a start?