Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT how to flush my radiator, change the antifreeze

On 2/20/2011 12:04 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Which is fine for top offs. But, less fine when flushing out
the system, and refilling.

Ideally, the coolant mix is 50-50. Less than ideal is when
dealing with an ignorant mechanic or ignorant home owner who
doesn't understand the concept. I've had both.

The premix 50-50 is far more expensive than buying straight
antifreeze, and diluting it yourself.

Who said anything about BUYING 50/50 premix? Go back and read
my post or I will quote it he

"I use a 50/50 mix in my vehicles."

I keep empty gallon jugs, the ones with the little markings that
show the amount of liquid in the jug. Pour half the contents of
a new gallon jug of antifreeze into an empty gallon jug, dilute
with clean or distilled water and "Presto!"(no pun)you have two
gallons of 50/50 mix! ^_^

TDD