Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Winterburn Doug Winterburn is offline

Default O/T: Welcome To Big Time Politics

On 02/20/2011 05:38 AM, Han wrote:
z wrote in
:

On 20 Feb 2011 00:02:45 GMT, wrote:

wrote in news:ijpld0$g1p$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

Up about 40% from two years ago.

So what? Reducing taxes

Exactly what taxes have been reduced?

and expending money to fight two wars

They have been going on *far* longer than two years.

doesn't put money into the piggybank.

Neither does spending 65% more than you make.

Yes, indeed, it does date from more than 2 years ago. Remember that at
one time (I believe it was the Clinton era) that there was a surplus?

If you believe there was a surplus, check out the national debt history.
You'll find the last time the debt was reduced was in the last year of
the Eisenhower administration. The debt has increased every year since.

Tax cuts (to the rich especially) and a war in Iraq based on intended or
unintended deception plus a mismanaged war in Afganistan caused the
current deficit.

The deficit has quadrupled in the last two years.

This was of course compounded by mismanagement of
several branches of governmemt (Bureau of mining etc, and oversight of
banking are only 2 of them) caused the housing bubble.

Now everyone wants to keep their benefits that they are "entitled" to,
and wants someone else to pay. I guess that is human nature, but what
about the common good?