Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default O/T: Welcome To Big Time Politics

" wrote in
:

On 20 Feb 2011 00:02:45 GMT, Han wrote:

knuttle wrote in news:ijpld0$g1p$1
:

Up about 40% from two years ago.

So what? Reducing taxes

Exactly what taxes have been reduced?

and expending money to fight two wars

They have been going on *far* longer than two years.

doesn't put money into the piggybank.

Neither does spending 65% more than you make.

Yes, indeed, it does date from more than 2 years ago. Remember that at
one time (I believe it was the Clinton era) that there was a surplus?
Tax cuts (to the rich especially) and a war in Iraq based on intended or
unintended deception plus a mismanaged war in Afganistan caused the
current deficit. This was of course compounded by mismanagement of
several branches of governmemt (Bureau of mining etc, and oversight of
banking are only 2 of them) caused the housing bubble.

Now everyone wants to keep their benefits that they are "entitled" to,
and wants someone else to pay. I guess that is human nature, but what
about the common good?

--
Best regards
Han