Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Printing/stamping on wood - in color.

?
"Jay Pique" wrote in message
So I've put brands on wood using branding irons, but I'd like to try
to do a similar type thing with color. What I'm thinking is some sort
of metal stamp that can be inked and pressed into the wood, leaving it
slightly indented. I've seen antique boxes for sugar and butter and
stuff that look like this was how it was done. Does anyone know of a
maker of stamps that are made for this? I'm not even sure I'm using
the right terminology. IAE, thanks.
JP

I cannot imagine an inked metal stamp that could make an indent and not
squeeze out the ink. I've seen thing stamped and t hen silk screened
though.