Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Radar detector/scrambler

klem kedidelhopper wrote:

On Feb 18, 6:38 am, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
Jim Yanik wrote:

Jeff Liebermann wrote in
:

Ramsey Radar Gun:
http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/cgi...add=action&key
=SG7

I used to go to high school with John Ramsey;
he used to make little "wireless microphones".

Did you ever see one of his 'Service Monitors' he sold to the pager
repair business?

It would seem to me though that if you were to simply generate even a
dead carrier on the radar frequency sufficient in strength to swamp
that of the returned signal back to the origination point wouldn't
that do the job? I don't mean to say that it would be healthy or smart
for that matter to drive around all the time while transmitting 10.0
GHZ or whatever but how complicated does this have to be? The PRC 25
and 77 had a "retransmit" function. We never really used it but I was
under the impression that it would retransmit the signal it received
perhaps to a repeater for distant communication. So if the military
had this in 1968 it must be easy to implement now. Lenny

It isn't that simple. Police RADAR works by Doppler effect. I.E.,
the returned signal is mixed with with a sample of the transmitted
frequency. The difference in frequency tells your speed. Any attempt
to jam it will be a crap shoot. Even if you managed to match the RADAR
transmitter's frequency, it would still show your speed.

Military RADAR is RAdio Detection And Ranging, or a means to bounce a
signal off metallic objects, and time the reflection to measure the
distance. The rotating antenna gives you the heading. Some also change
the vertical angle to give the elevation of a target. I've serviced
both types.

Teflon coated.