Posted to rec.woodworking
knuttle knuttle is offline

Default O/T: Welcome To Big Time Politics

On 2/19/2011 8:16 AM, Leon wrote:
wrote in message
m...

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
eb.com...

Hello "Ding Dongs", AKA: Recently elected governors of Ohio (Kasich),
Wisconsin(Walker) and Florida(Scott).

You don't want high speed rail research projects in your states, no
problem.

The money you are rejecting has been committed, so the Feds are simply
redirecting your funds to us here in California.

We'll take it

China has 19,000 miles of high speed rail lines, and by high speed I mean
faster than anything in Japan or France. More than 50 cities in China are
now linked by high speed rail. And guess whose money paid for it all?

So America's infrastructure rots away because according to some folks we
can't afford to repair it or upgrade it, not if it means their taxes might
go up. Good thing they weren't around when Eisenhower was building the
interstate system, or we'd still be driving on two-lane gravel roads.

Its a good thing that when Eisenhower was president the governmant was not
$11,000,000,000,000.00 in debt. Yup that is 12 zeros to the left of the
decimel point.

Actually I believe it is up to about 14,000,000,000,000,000 else why
would we have to be raising the debt ceiling which is about 14.3T.

I believe is was about 10,000,000,000,000,000 when pelosi pulled the
plug on the financial industries in Sept 28, 2008, as obama has been
adding about 1.5T every year since he took office.