Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default removing "paint scrape" from our car

On 2/19/2011 11:54 AM, RicodJour wrote:
On Feb 19, 10:51 am, wrote:
wrote the following:

When my parents built a new home, my mom marked the center of the
garage to aim for....took some nylon line, suspended a tennis ball on
it and hung it from the garage ceiling. The ball was at the point
where the hood ornament was when the car was in the right spot.

My Dad did the same thing so he wouldn't pull in too far and block the
refrigerator door from opening, or not pull in far enough and block
the garage overhead door from closing. Come to think of it, Dad had
problems with doors in general.

Hood ornament? Was this a 1970s car?

My 1997 Mercedes had a hood ornament - the stand-up kind.

I just went from '84 Buick to Toyota Corolla...I can't see any of the
front end of the car when I am in it. No wonder people bump into
things. At least the mirrors are good.