Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Welcome To Big Time Politics

In article , "DGDevin" wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message

Or you could consider that I meant not wasting money on foreign aid to
China, gold-plated weapons that don't always work, and tax breaks for the
oil companies and *instead* spending that money on transportation
infrastructure in America that will benefit the whole nation for
generations, rather than adding to the existing budget.

Or you could consider that this should not be regarded as an either-or
choice,
and that the options should include "none of the above" -- which, not
coincidentally, describes exactly which of these things we have the money
available to do.

So what is America supposed to do, retire as a nation? Sure, that $14
trillion debt has to be paid down, but that doesn't mean every dime possible
has to be dedicated solely to that cause. Potholes still have to be filled,
somebody still needs to show up when we call 911, and private industry can't
be counted on to build everything the nation needs built.

Failing to invest in the future is a good way to ensure there won't be one.

So is squandering money on projects that are not (a) commercially viable, (b)
of vital interest to the nation, or (c) authorized by the Constitution.