Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Welcome To Big Time Politics

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 17:38:52 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

?
"HeyBub" wrote in message
om...
Doug Miller wrote:

Amen to that. I once had a company that wanted to fly me from
Indianapolis to
Dayton for a job interview. They were surprised, to say the least,
when I said
I'd rather drive. That is, until I explained that I lived nearly an
hour's
drive from the Indy airport, and less than two hours' drive from
their site
northwest of Dayton. Driving saved them several hundred dollars, and
saved me
several hours and a lot of hassle.

I'll wager you didn't get the job; too "nonconformist" and too much of a
"trouble-maker" for their tastes.

I figure the break even point is five hours driving time. In some cases,
even 8 hours driving can be faster than flying.

Thirty years ago six hours was my "break even" point (at the time, anywhere NE
of a line from Washington to Buffalo). The hassle factor at least doubles
that, now.