Posted to alt.home.repair
RogerT RogerT is offline

Default interior door swap

Picasso wrote:
On Feb 18, 9:55 am, jamesgangnc wrote:
On Feb 17, 10:45 pm, Picasso wrote:

OK, question time. I have a house about 40 years old or so, with
hollow core doors, and for whatever reason, they are 78" or were cut
to 78"...

they are actually solid pine doors, that are not predrilled.

I am fitting new doors in existing jambs... problem is i don't want to
cut off the top, but the bottom.....

A lot of older homes have 78" doors, and a lot of places still sell 78"
doors. Have you done enough checking to see if you can buy doors that are
already 78" and are already pre-drilled? I think that would be a much
better option than trying to modify an 80" door.