Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Doonesbury

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
I don't know if smoking is addictive to other people or not. But it does
not seem to be addictive to me.

I smoked a pack a day from 26-25 years of age. One day I said to myself that
I was tired of the bad taste in my mouth, the sore, dry throat and the
smelly nicotain stained fingures and just quit without any cravings at all
after that. Wasn't difficult at all and some people have told me that if I
quit that easily, then I wasn't addicted. Maybe I wasn't. The only way I can
explain my ease with quitting is that I experience a paradigm shift in
thinking and then it was easy after that. I suspect that even partially,
heavily addicted addicts on other drugs need to experience some type of
similar change in thinking before they have a chance of quitting and staying
quit.