Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Arcam amp ...

Tim Schwartz wrote in message
On 2/18/2011 7:32 AM, N_Cook wrote:
Arfa wrote in message

wrote in message
Arfa wrote in message
Anyone by any chance got schematics for an Arcam Alpha 10 amplifier ?

TIA

Arfa

Not motorized function sw prob I hope.

No, it's not. But why do you ask, I wonder ? I did one of those on an

Alpha
9 just yesterday. It was no particular problem, as has been the case

with
few I've done in the past.

Arfa

Too much back-torque with all those multiway wafers - stripped plastic
gearbox cogs - indexing/alignment problems

Funny,

I've done DOZENS of those Alps switches. They must be taken apart and
cleaned, as spraying them does not seem to last, but I've never had a
stripped gear drive.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

P.S. These switches were used in the Arcam Delta 290, Xeta 1 and Alpha
9 integrated amps, along with the Creek 5350 and some Yamaha products.
I'd guess along with many others I don't know about.

There is a "weak link" , sprung loaded slotted axle support in the drive .
Intermittently disengages motor if excessive back torque/jammed , then will
mess up the tiny pinion if left in that state, clicking away to itself while
the owner sleeps through it. Does
not make as much noise as a Dyson slip clutch/ football rattle, you could
not sleep through that.