Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Welcome To Big Time Politics

DGDevin wrote:

And looking at how air travel is going these days, the idea of high
speed rail is starting to look pretty good. In recent years my wife
and I have elected to make 1,500 mile road trips rather than set foot
in an airport, and that was before air travellers had to choose
between being groped or x-rayed.

Ugh... at 1500 miles, I'll still fly. We've done plenty of those long trips
by car, and despite the opportunity to see the country, stop where we want,
etc. I'll still fly over drive. I just hate driving anywhere these days.

Fuel prices are going to have the final say on this issue. When gas
eventually gets back to five (or ten) bucks a gallon the train is
going to be a lot more attractive at any speed. A lot of things
happened because gas was cheap, but the clock is ticking on that
situation.

Not in the good old USA. As fuel prices rise, so will rail fares. As fuel
prices drop, rail fare will stay where they climbed to.

--

-Mike-