Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ron Hickman dies

On 18/02/2011 12:50, Skipweasel wrote:
In ,
ldomain says...
I heard that the original B&D workmate was very good, but that B&D
soon "improved" the design, resulting in it becoming a useless piece
of ****.

My memories of the early ones was that they were indeed very good.

Sadly bad money has driven out the good, and the general impression of
such things now is that they're crap. Which the cheap ones are.

I ain't seen an expensive one up close to try, so I can't comment on
them.

I've got one of these, built like a brick sh*t house & very good 'zoom'
type jaws for faster closing.
http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/P~142988...Duty+Workbench

I reckon the £15 price tag is an error, if they have them at this price
snap one up.