Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Ron Hickman dies

On 18/02/2011 11:43, tim.... wrote:
"tony wrote in message
In
.com, scribeth thus
On Feb 17, 11:31 pm, Steve wrote:
Inventor of the Workmate, the tool that's almost as useful as an angle
grinder. Also designer of the Lotus Élan so that's two attempts that
he's
had to kill DIY enthusiasts.

We should demonstrate our affection for the deceased by using a Workmate
as
a ladder, attempting to change a lightbulb and then spending all night
in
casualty. It's what he would have wanted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-12496609

I expect he died rich. I expect the skiving git was in Jersey to avoid
paying taxes.

Then answer this Harry.. If you just sold your firm for that sort of
money and faced a huge tax bill .. would you pay up or move;?...

Surely you have to move before you get the money, not after

You can't move to Jersey unless you have that sort of money.

I imagine that it involved payment into an account in Jersey from the US
parent company.

Colin Bignell