Posted to alt.home.repair

Default UPS... new battery or replace?

On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 18:21:01 -0500, Nate Nagel
wrote:

So I already bought a battery and it's working, although for what I paid
for the battery I feel like I should have just bought a UPS.

For future reference, what's the magic decoder ring to Eaton's product
lines? Really why I want to know is at a minimum next time I buy a UPS
I would like it to be minimum line-interactive but true sine wave;
preferred would be true-online... e.g. equivalent to APC's "SmartUPS" line.

The Eaton Magic Decoder ring:

3 series are standby
5 series are line interactive
9 series are on-line dual conversion.

Worst part is, I have a true-online APC sitting in my office at work
leftover from a job (customer said "don't install it, our power here is
the cleanest around" - idiot) but damn ethics won't let me just take it
home :/

nate