Posted to rec.woodworking
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default Doonesbury

"Doug Miller" wrote in message

Agreed. I don't know that I'd support full legalization of everything;
there
seems to be substantial reason to restrict some of the more dangerous
substances. OTOH, I'm not aware of any scientific evidence that supports
regulating marijuana more stringently than we do alcohol. Quite the
contrary,
in fact: alcohol seems much the more dangerous of the two.

Yup, decriminalizing simple possession for personal use would cover a lot of
what is being discussed here. Criminal sanctions for traffickers is another
matter, that might very well stay on the books for particularly destructive
drugs like meth or crack.