Posted to alt.home.repair
zek zek is offline

Default UPS vs DSL modem

On Feb 17, 8:50*am, Art Todesco wrote:
I have a computer and DSL modem tied to an old UPS (with new
batteries). *When I have a power failure, the computer keeps right
on ticking, but I always have to restart the DSL modem. *I've even
restarted the modem while running on the UPS and after its restart,
all was fine. *I am assuming here that the switch over time is
killing the modem. *I looked at the modem and its walwart. *It says
12 VDC. *I was wondering if putting a few thousand micro farad cap
across the 12 volt line might help. *Anyone have any experience with
something like this?

Create your own power failure by unplugging wall, and see if
you have the same result.

greg