Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default O/T: Welcome To Big Time Politics

In article , knuttle wrote:

That is like high speed air. There is a distance at which it is faster
to drive that it is to take an airplane. I have children that live
about 600 miles from us. By the time you drive to the airport, get
there two hours before flight time to get your tummy rubbed by security,
flight a couple of stretches with the waits in between, find
transportation and final get where you are going; You can make the same
trip in your car in the same amount of time, FOR LESS MONEY AND HARASSMENT.

Amen to that. I once had a company that wanted to fly me from Indianapolis to
Dayton for a job interview. They were surprised, to say the least, when I said
I'd rather drive. That is, until I explained that I lived nearly an hour's
drive from the Indy airport, and less than two hours' drive from their site
northwest of Dayton. Driving saved them several hundred dollars, and saved me
several hours and a lot of hassle.