Posted to rec.woodworking
Hoosierpopi Hoosierpopi is offline

Default JB Weld

On Feb 15, 9:46*pm, Bill wrote:
spaco wrote:The (gas) welding shouldn't take more than a few minutes to do.

Well, is this from a fella offering to do it, or from one hoping to
get it done for free?

I have a gas setup and a stick welder - no tig etc. and have some
experience/training from Metal Shop in 1960 and some more in the
seventies watching the guys in the Auto Body Shop and my pal John and
a stretch where i manufactured the Bulletpruef Locksafe from steel
plate and pipe using the stick welder.

And, in my limited experience, no job takes "a few minutes" when I'm
working for a customer. Hell, it can tak thirty minutes just talking
about what he wants!

And, time is money. And Electricity is money, and gas, and so on and
so forth.

There is no free lunch at the Welder's Shop - save where the owner
shares you last name or you've bedded his daughter.