Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default OT - Charging circuit on small gas engines

You might try taking a current measurement with a small lamp of a known
operating current (the current can easily be looked up online, by the lamp
number).

This way, you can determine that the meter will give a reading in the
appropriate ranges, of close-to published specs.

--
WB

GeoLane at PTD dot NET wrote in message

It's feeding 16V to the battery when it's running and the battery is
connected.

How many amps might I anticipate being sent to the battery? I didn't
have much success measuring the amps last evening, but I may have time
to try that again over the weekend. I don't want to fry my VOM. I
had tried on the 10A setting and didn't get a reading. I dropped to
the next lowest range - 500 mA, but still didn't get a reading.

RWL