Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Why don't ovens have temp gauges

In article
,

On 2011-02-15, Art Todesco wrote:

I've had two convection ovens, one years ago and one recent.
Neither auto set the temp back 25 degrees, but their manufacturers,
and *most manufacturers, for that matter, say to set it back 25
degrees because convection cooks faster, whatever that all means.
And, why is it always 25 .... why not 30 or 20?

At a small cooking school I attended, we had commercial convection
ovens. *The instructor said they baked at 50 F deg hotter. *No doubt
all ovens are different.

nb *

"The instructor said they baked at 50 F deg hotter"

What does that mean?

Does it mean that the internal temperature of the oven was 50 degrees
hotter than the setting or that they *acted* as if the internal
temperature of the oven was 50 degrees hotter than the setting or that
the setting had to be 50 degrees lower than what the recipe called
for?

Must be the wind chill factor.