Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default UPS... new battery or replace?

On 02/16/2011 11:32 PM, mm wrote:
On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 20:47:29 -0500, Nate
wrote:

Got an *ancient* (and I do mean ancient) APC UPS... all it does is back
up my wireless router. Battery is done. new one I expect to cost
$30-40 (which I find extortionate as I buy them for work at about $10
all day but still.)

1) buy a new battery. Be happy for another 5 years or so. Cost $40 max.

Even at some place like Battery Warehouse?

That's the only place I know that'll sell retail... well I think
there's a Batteries Plus around somewhere but their prices even listed
online are silly... just bought a friend some batteries for her UPS
last week actually, hers used 2x 6.2's and those were about $30 apiece.
way more expensive than BW's online price, but where else was I going
to go?

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.