Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Do they make 6 inch concrete blocks?

On Feb 16, 10:26*am, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Feb 15, 3:35*am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 2/15/2011 4:08 AM, wrote:

I have a small deck built in stacked 8 inch concrete blocks. *I first
put in concrete pads in the ground, then stacked three 8 inch concrete
blocks on top and built the deck on them. *This deck was fine in the
summer, but when winter came, I found it was too close to the bottom
of the storm door on the house. *Just the smallest amount of ice on
the deck and we cant open the storm door. *As soon as the ice and snow
is gone, I want to lower the deck about 2 inches. *I can easily lift
it with a jack. My idea is to remove the top 8 inch block and replace
it with a 6 inch one in all four corners. *But, do they make 6 inch
blocks? * I know 8" is the most common, and they make 4" ones. *But I
never seens 6" ones. *I suppose if nothing else I can make some solid
ones with a wooden form and some Redi-Mix.

Thanks

It might be easier to install a strip of electric heat tape to melt the
ice around the door threshold. Perhaps there is enough room under the
threshold to install some heat tape?

TDD

Nobody is paying attention to what seems (to this non-techie) a simple
solution. *You all got off on rebuilding the deck according to code.
AFAK, the guy is only trying to get his ****ing door open in winter.
What am I missing?

HB- Hide quoted text -

Yep. 23 posts and I am the only one who even answered his question.
From Post 2 on it is all criticism of how he "screwed up".

Harry K