Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default O/T: Welcome To Big Time Politics

In article om, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
Hello "Ding Dongs", AKA: Recently elected governors of Ohio (Kasich),
Wisconsin(Walker) and Florida(Scott).

You don't want high speed rail research projects in your states, no
problem.

The money you are rejecting has been committed, so the Feds are simply
redirecting your funds to us here in California.

We'll take it

Maybe there are some more governors who don't want high speed rail in
their states.

If so, mind telling them we like high speed rail here in California?

We'll accept their money.

Wonder how your decisions will play when you stand for reelection?

Welcome To The World Of Big Time Politics "Ding Dongs".

Lew

Apparently you folks in California haven't figured out what was pretty obvious
to us here in the Midwest: those rail projects might be *built* mostly with
federal funds -- but the states would have to pay to *maintain* them, and the
states decided they couldn't afford that. It's also apparent that you haven't
realized yet that California is broke. News flash: if Wisconsin and Ohio --
which are solvent -- can't afford the maintenance, then California -- which
isn't -- can't afford it either.

Let's see how well those decisions play out in a few years when California has
to start paying even more money that it doesn't have to maintain these
"high-speed" rail lines that really aren't. There is *no* true high-speed rail
anywhere in the U.S., and, given the condition of our tracks, there isn't
likely to be in my lifetime, either.