Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET is offline

Default OT - Charging circuit on small gas engines

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 22:04:10 -0600, Ignoramus20463
wrote:

That's not the problem though. It's putting out 16V, which I suspect
will fry the little U1 battery.

You can run a battery charger from the AC side.

I could, but the owners manual says not to run the generator without a
battery connected. I don't know if the previous owner damaged the
system by doing that. I suspect that it didn't or I wouldn't be
seeing any voltage being sent to the battery to charge it.

RWL