Posted to sci.electronics.repair
PeterD PeterD is offline

Default Radar detector/scrambler

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 07:06:14 -0800 (PST),
" wrote:

On Feb 15, 6:40*pm, Jeffrey Angus wrote:
On 2/15/2011 5:20 PM, Mysterious Traveler wrote:

Video can help keep cops honest.

And there in lies the rub.

Every time something is proposed to make them do their
job correctly and legally, they throw their hands up, "But
we can't do our job!" and the assorted unions step in to
block it as well.

The "management" gets involved and finds new creative ways
to distort laws to their own purposes to "protect their own."

Jeff

This is all very interesting but can anyone please answer my original
question? IE how they work and how it can be legal? Lenny

OK, the answer... 1. They don't typically work, and 2. they are not
legal.

In theory one could build a jammer circuit, that would work with one
specific brand/mdel of radar gun, however such a system may not work
with other brands or models, and as well any attempt would violate
federal law absolutely and many states also have prohibitions against
such devices.