Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default OT - Charging circuit on small gas engines

On Feb 16, 5:07*pm, Rich Grise wrote:
Jim Wilkins wrote:

I bought a bunch of the cheap HF multimeters for battery and auto
work. The 10A range is good enough to check small-engine charging
currents and if I fry one I'm out only $3 - $5. I checked two against
good lab voltmeters last night and found they were about 5 counts off,
50mV at 10V, which doesn't really matter for 12V lead-acids.

Well, lessee - 0.050 / 10 is, what, a half a percent? That's pretty
good for a three dollar meter! ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

The Keithley and Fluke agree to +-1mV. Their last calibrations were in
1994 and 95.

jsw