Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default OT - Charging circuit on small gas engines

Spehro Pefhany wrote:
On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 05:02:41 -0800, the renowned Rich Grise
Spehro Pefhany wrote:
On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 02:28:02 -0800, the renowned Rich Grise
PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

DC circuits have zero impedance

No, they have zero _reactance_; the impedance is simply equal to
the resistance, which is the real component of impedance, which
is a complex number.

Sooo.. you're saying a (non faulty) capacitor has zero reactance at
DC?

Of course not, you nincompoop. A capacitor is an open circuit at DC,
so the concept of impedance is meaningless.

Actually, the _susceptance_ approaches zero as f-0
(susceptance is 1/reactance),

The reactance of an inductor approaches zero as f-0
(susceptance heads for the roof)

Hope This Helps!
Rich

Immensely, Rich. WTF are you doing up at 5AM CA time anyway?

There's no real work for me (I do autocad and geek stuff), so I get
to sweep the floors and take out the trash and clean the sinks and
toilets, and in exchange they let me sleep in the office rent-free
and eat donated food. (I got evicted when I went broke and couldn't
pay the rent.)

Occasionally I get some real work, but the company can't afford to
pay me money until about next April; they're behind on the rent as
well, but the landlord is a freakin' angel or something. :-)

Cheers!
Rich