Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default The last piece of crown molding, only one end coped.

andyeverett wrote the following:
An article on installing crown molding suggested a way to install the
last piece of crown molding with only one coped end. The article is
he

http://www.portamate.com/plans/Plans...ownMolding.pdf

The top of page 5 describes the method. I have never thought of or
done this but the idea sounds great. Basically you start in a corner
by tacking a short scrap of crown molding with the proper angle and
fit the first piece of molding up to the scrap. You work your way
around the room. For the last piece of crown you remove the piece of
scrap so then the final piece of crown only needs one coped end.

Any thoughts on this matter? If this standard practice?

Thank you for any help!

All my moulding, crown or base, is installed with only one coped end.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY