Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default JB Weld

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 11:48:18 -0500, wrote:

Lobby Dosser wrote:
wrote in message
spaco wrote:

I'm not going to bother trying to find someone to weld cast or try and
Braze it myself so epoxy is really the only option. If in the end it
doesn't work all I'm really out is the cost of the epoxy and a few
hours fiddling in the garage. The JB didn't even cost me anything so
that isn't even a cost if I try JB Weld.

I'd just put it in a drawer until I could fix it properly. Personally,
I'd bury it before I put JB Weld on it. Maybe you can find someone
sympathetic to the cause who would do it cheap? The (gas) welding
shouldn't take more than a few minutes to do. I go into a shop with
only the part that needed to be welded in my mind looking for a "quick
fix". Even if they offered to do it for free, I'd still give em a twenty.

And waste $20 you could have spent on a user, low angle block plane on
eBay.

No remorse over throwing the plane at hand in the trash can, huh?
Don't worry, the government will print more twenties. They'll be worth
less than they ever were.

Wut up wi de 'tude, dude? I it's a free fix, he retains the repaired
plane -and- can spend the $20 on another one.

Sorry dude, no dis'n intended. I was just saddened man by that ahern
hitting the bottom of the can (man). JBing-it sounds like such a not
cool trip...not cool, not cool... Going down to shoot the ol' lady,
cause I caught her messing roun' messing round town... Heyy Joe, where
you going with that plane in your hand...

A six-pack is alway appreciated at the shop, so always drop one by
when you request repairs. I give soda because I don't drink. If you
give beer, drop it by at closing time so they can legally drink it.

Win/Win

--
The ultimate result of shielding men from the
effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.