Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Painting class

Higgs Boson wrote:

-snip-

http://www.homerepairworkshop.com/?w...ng/edging-tool...

Hey, thanks for that great site! I haven't even visited all the links
yet, but already picked up some useful tips. Ex: Stirring old paint;
wood paddle insufficient; need mixer attached to power drill.

Note that there are several different designs. I have one I use for
mud in a 5gall bucket. I use it for 5gal paint buckets-- but only in
one direction.
Like this
http://www.amazon.com/Red-Devil-4043...dp/B000I1EB9M/

I have another one I use for gallon paint cans- direction doesn't
matter.
http://www.amazon.com/10330-1G-PAINT...dp/B001HKHKKK/

bought that garget years ago and never used it. Now I have to paint
side of house, so if I can find it, will use to stir old stucco
paint. Have to repaint mullioned French door, so will try that Wagner
Glass Max.In that connection, there's a sharp-toothed device mentioned
for breaking bond between door and frame, f'rinstance.

This guy?
http://www.amazon.com/HYDE-TOOLS-452...dp/B000BPLMAQ/

I got one of them 25 yrs ago when I bought this 100 yr old house. None
of the double hung windows had been opened since the great depression.
Many coats of paint held them together. It was time consuming,
but that little tool sawed its way through layer after layer of paint.

I've replaced them all now, but that tool made them work for the years
they were still in service.

Jim