Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default Samsung TV repair question.

On 2/15/2011 10:18 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
?
wrote

I wouldn't bother messing with it, but if you don't mind watching a
CRT hit the 2nd hand stores they are full of them now days. Reminds me,
I have a couple of them I intended to give away, I ought to do that
right now.

While you still can!!!

Right. When I put mine at the curb, it sat for days and I finally put
stickers on it for trash pickup. Same with computer monitors.

What happens here is that someone with a hammer will stop and smash
the top and remove the parts with copper/aluminum in them. I've even
seen the garbage pickup guys do it.

I just had a 30 yard dumpster removed. While I had it I had a steady
stream of guys and girls in pickups and mini vans looking for metal. I
actually have a place I put metal out at for the regulars, but this drew
people I've never seen before. And, I'm on a side street near two dead
ends. How do they find me? Does the metal pay for all that gas spent
looking?

Car batteries are at $6 or $7, so lead is worth something again. I
think the lead in the tube is too hard to recover though.

Jeff