Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default 30 GB Video Ipod (was: Computer runs faster because it is soldered.. haha..

Arfa

How is it backlit? is it ccfl ? I don't understand when viewed in bright
light after the backlight turns off the streak goes away. I can take a
pic of it and put it on photobucket:

This is with backlight:
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj220/meatplow1/Electronics/cimg0047.jpg

This is with reflected light only:
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj220/meatplow1/Electronics/cimg0046.jpg

As you can easily see the reflected light picture shows no anomaly on the
screen.
It's not just a case of the anomaly being too hard to see with reflected
light.

Hmmm. As you say, the display error does not appear to be there in the
second picture, and I'm not sure just what to make of that. As to how the
things are backlit, to be honest, I'm not sure. I don't think that it's a
ccfl, so possibly LED, but I don't recall the display assembly being thick
enough to accommodate sufficiently powerful LEDs. Unless someone else knows,
I'll see if I can dig the one I replaced a couple of weeks ago, back out of
the workshop bin (un-emptied, and overflowing, as always !!) and see if I
can see what lights it

Arfa