Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mysterious Traveler Mysterious Traveler is offline

Default Radar detector/scrambler

On 02/15/2011 03:55 PM, Jeffrey Angus wrote:
On 2/15/2011 1:15 PM, Mysterious Traveler wrote:
No kidding? So if I use my digital recorder to record a police
officer giving me a ticket and he says something illegal the
recorder catches, I could go to jail for recording it?

Think what you might about the legality of it, but the people
with the guns make the rules.

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2011/01/can_police_arrest_you_for_vide.php

Jeff

I can see that the situation of those people videotaping the police
could be construed as disturbing the peace, but if they hadn't made
a big scene of it, and if the police weren't doing anything illegal,
the police shouldn't be afraid to be filmed. Video can help keep
cops honest. With all the cell phones that can take video, there
should be a law allowing anyone to take video of anything that happens
in front of them, including audio recording anything. Anything else
would be a violation of our civil rights, otherwise cities with CCTV
cameras, where video of citizens committing crimes are used against
them, that video should be excluded. The law should be fair for
everyone or fair for no one. I've often thought cops should have to
wear a video camera that also records audio, for their entire shift,
then downloaded and saved when the shift is over. Thats just how I
feel and I'm by no means a liberal.

--
Is Obama an Internet Junkie? Why does he think it is the US governments
mission to spend $18,000,000,000.00 billion dollars to get high speed