Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry Peters Jerry Peters is offline

Default Radar detector/scrambler

Mysterious Traveler wrote:
On 02/15/2011 10:49 AM, Jeffrey Angus wrote:
On 2/15/2011 10:32 AM, wrote:
How can something like this product which for all intents
and purposes "interferes with police business" be legal?

Like anything else, it's legal until they decide to prosecute.

And the police have been coming up with more and more creative
ways of prosecuting.

For example, making a video or audio recording of a police
officer is now construed as illegal wiretapping and they will
do their best to put you in prison for it.

No kidding? So if I use my digital recorder to record a police
officer giving me a ticket and he says something illegal the
recorder catches, I could go to jail for recording it? I would
think the recorder would be considered a personal security device
and I could record anything I wanted as long as I was there. I
record a lot of conversations without people knowing, and the
cops usually record traffic stops. I haven't been stopped in
over twenty years but all the cops in a nearby town a as crooked
as they can be, everyone knows they control most of the crime in
our area.

In Pennsylvania it's illegal to record someone without his permission
without a court order. AFAIK even police cars with video recording
equipment don't record the audio.

Jerry