Lewis

Default Hot melt glue gun of high quality

Hi,
I've got a similar glue gun, but it's not a Craftsman. Bought 5 years ago
at a local craft shop. I think even 2 minutes would be stretching the time
it keeps the glue at a good working temperature, but it would work fine to
unplug and then immediately glue a template to a workpiece. Just plug it
back in for a minute or two while you get the next template and workpiece
ready, and you're good to go again. Oh, and it's a trigger model -- that's a
must-have feature, you don't want the kind that makes you shove the glue
stick in with your thumb.
Lewis

"KYHighlander" wrote in message
the use was for attaching templates that would be removed after routing, a
strong joint wasn't an issue.

--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

"Kenneth" wrote in message
On 31 Jan 2004 23:40:32 GMT, (David Hall) wrote:

I have an old Craftsman glue gun that you plug in for a while until

nice
& hot
then the cord unplugs from the gun and works for quite a while before

needing
plugged back in for reheating.

Howdy,

I would wonder if it works properly for "quite a while."

I suspect that the glue is to be used at a particular temperature, and
clearly, the moment you would unplug the thing it would start to cool.

Of course I am not suggesting that it cools to a point that it cannot
be used, but it certainly is a possibility that the joints would not
be as strong.

All the best,

--
Kenneth