Posted to uk.d-i-y
Skipweasel[_4_] Skipweasel[_4_] is offline

Default Y plan to S-plus plan.

In article ,
says...
Is there any obvious alternative to converting from Y plan to S-plus
plan (including a bypass for the boiler)? It's worth mentioning that
the UHF and heating are never expected to be on simultaneously,
though the system should be able to withstand it without damaging
itself.

There are no obvious alternatives that I am aware of as a mid position valve
is always "open" to at least one zone.

That's what I thought, but it's always worth picking a brain or two
before starting (or in my case starting to think about planning to
contemplate).